As a small business owner it is difficult to be on social networks all the time. However, I also find so many interesting articles or happenings while browsing the web which I want to share with my friends and followers across social networks. Yeah, difficult situation ,right?
I have, in the past, used tools like Hootsuite and Tweetdeck to schedule posts and tweets to reach a wider audience and also people in different time zones.
So, when I first heard about Buffer, I wasn’t too sure about switching from the existing tools that I was using but the Buffer Chrome Extension clinched it for me.
It has made sharing articles, news pieces, updates and a host of other things super easy.
During the day, if I see something interesting come out I share great content with just two clicks which keeps reaching my fans and followers throughout the day.
So, what is Buffer all about?
Buffer is a social media sharing tool designed to offer its users both a personal and yet more efficient solution to handle sharing on social networks.
From the Buffer website:
“Buffer makes your life easier with a smarter way to schedule the great content you find. Fill up your Buffer at one time in the day and Buffer “automagically” posts them for you through the day. Simply keep that Buffer topped up to have a consistent social media presence all day round, all week long.”
10 Reasons to Use Buffer
Here’s a quick list of 10 good reasons to use the Buffer app to share with your social network:
- Easy and uncomplicated to use. You’ll be up and running in a matter of minutes.
- Helps you to post and schedule to Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
- Offers useful analytics to help you track what does well with your network.
- Integrates with Bit.ly Pro.
- Can be used on devices like the iPad, iPhone and Android phones.
- There’s a free Buffer extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari which helps add tweets or Facebook posts to Buffer directly from a web page. This is what cinched this tool for me.
- Buffer has a list of suggested Twitter tools like ifttt and SocialBro. These tools help you leverage the magic of Buffer better than ever!
- You can review the order of the tweets or posts in the buffer stream and rearrange them as needed.
- Buffer helps you measure social engagement from tweets: clicks, retweets, mentions and favorites
- It also allows users to add photos and videos to the scheduled tweets and posts.
How to Set Up Buffer?
Simple. Head to the Buffer website, and sign up with either of your social networks. Alternatively, you can create a Buffer account and then, link the social networks you want to share on and with. You’ll be done in less than 5 minutes. Promise!
Have you used Buffer to boost social media engagement and interaction?